Formerly known as Mercy Centre Lavington, in 1882, the Sisters of Mercy founded St John’s Orphanage for girls at Thurgoona, New South Wales, which operated for almost 100 years. In 1978, the orphanage become a home for men with disabilities run by the Mother of God Brothers. St John’s Family Care Centre, later known as Mercy Centre Lavington, then opened, focussing its services on meeting the needs of adults and children with disabilities. In 2016, Mercy Centre Lavington became known as Mercy Connect. Today, Mercy Connect supports over 150 participants in Albury, Orange, Cowra and Wagga Wagga, served by close to 300 employees.
In a dynamic and rapidly evolving regulatory environment, with participants’ needs ever changing, Mercy Connect responds by continuing to invest in its people and systems to offer outstanding services to participants, including accommodation, respite care, therapy and clinical services, and supported and independent living.
Mercy Connect’s values reflect the ethos of the Sisters of Mercy; to enhance the wellbeing of those they support.